Tuesday 16 July 2013

Why I am so Astonished ...


... that I am a fan of an actor.

There are some things I just normally don't credit actors for.
And that I listen attentively to every single word one says (yes, every word uttered by only one single one, Richard Armitage), astonishes me more than it possibly could anybody else.

Reading about historic inaccuracies in film today in a newspaper and the 'flapsy' comment by a lead actor in the series, that it is just o.k. to invent and work with false elements, because they had to make the story gripping, to me shows a total non-knowledge of the story itself.
What a waste of time to listen to such an actor (I won't name him, because I am just too angry about such stupidity and don't want you to easily get the connection).

The Wars of the Roses hold war, murder, intrigue, family feuds, betrayal, hate, love, death, madness, illness, friendship, trust, ...
what is there more to make a story gripping, if not those basic elements of a good and life shattering story?
Do I need zippers in a time where they for quite some remaining centuries were not even invented, to make the story come to life?
How bad an artist must I be to not even be able to work with the abundantly available drama of the Wars of the Roses to need false elements to bring such an heart wrenching story to life?

Oh, and the main argument of the actor was, history just would be too boring on its own.
Can you imagine me sitting here and actually 'fuming' ?

Well ... ;o)


I am not against accumulating historic elements to a gripping nucleus of story line to work in a condensed film or movie. You understand me wrong if you think I don't understand the essence of script making and creating the 'heart of the story'. But to defend wrong parts, just because they could not get things right and did not even know or research better, just does not get my sanction, ever!



It seems there is no chance on earth that I get distracted from my sole fan-admiration by someone else.
He just would never utter such unthinkable stupidity about his films and stories
and for that I am exceedingly grateful !!!
(And even if he should say something with which I don't agree, he at least would have thought it through and so would have a worthy other opinion. I don't think RA always needs to be of my opinion. How boring would life be? ;o) )

Thank you for the wonderful respite and for your interest in history, Mr. Armitage!


No comments:

Post a Comment