Thursday 26 July 2012

Loyalty & Honor & Trust & Camaraderie


Loyalty and honour and trust and camaraderie. I think those themes are contemporary.

Today, I intentionally quote RA from one of his latest interviews at the ComicCon 2012 (KRA article about HitFix interview). This event in itself gives the quote a special meaning, though I am sure it was not intended that way and hopefully RA was not and will not become aware of the background I refer to.

I must admit, the appearing crisis before the ComicCon shook my believe in the fandom immensely and I am still not entirely sure how to react to those happenings.

From the words in the headline, I especially want to emphasise "TRUST" among fellow fans, as it is the basis of friendship, of camaraderie, of loyalty and only if those aspects are intact, can lead to honour.

My trust is a bit shaken now and I still feel not as comfortable as I felt before those happenings.
As I have such a lot of battlefields around me already, I certainly won't make my blog one more.
Not because I don't think it worth the effort, but because it would entirely contradict the intention of the blog.
It became clear to me that my blog is so much a part of me and is about myself, that I just will never defend or fight for myself or my blog. I am, that should be argument enough.
To defend my position, would already mean a statement forced upon me, not of my own choice, but in reaction to someone else's agenda, an agenda I certainly don't agree with, as it is prejudiced by economical and overcome perceptions and expectations, by someone who does not even try to understand my or other fans' positions, but still tries to limit our search for explanations and reasons for a singular (or collective) experience, which is not put out there on blogs to seek corrective input, but is a statement of fact, an observation of a personal experience of RA-fandom and as such incorrigible.


P.S.: At first I had thought about drawing back with my blog. But I see that this would give the wrong impression and would cut me off an important part of my life and my creativity. I also would be a puppet in the game of someone else and that entirely would not do for me. Though I still gave myself till the 12th of December to entirely decide how to secure my back and cope with the new developments.

P.P.S.: I am very glad, that the original comment, which a fellow fan pointed out on i*m*d*b (otherwise I would never have found it), now is gone from the site. (I intentionally write that name wrong, as I don't want accidental clicks on my blog. I have enough because of once mentioning R*T*L.) And I must explain, I use RA, as it is a non-search engine optimised, but still generally understandable form of the actor's name, who's attention to detail I admire.

8 comments:

  1. Don't draw back, CDoArt. It is an important part of yours. Don't let anybody destroy the joy and the love, you put into each of your article. It is for you.
    I means so much to you. Everyone, Who has the soul, reading your articles properly, will see and find it.
    Yours MissP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, MissPiggy! Your encouraging words mean so very much to me, especially as you know real-me and fan-me ;o)

      Delete
  2. I tried to minimize my public reaction to what was happening for various reasons -- but one of my biggest fears was the collapse of the blogging part of the Armitage fandom on the web. I am *delighted* you're sticking around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Servetus, for giving me so wonderful feedback in this difficult decision.
      I thought, perhaps my previous perception of the fandom was an illusion, but you make it feel real again and it is such a wonderful place to be among trusted friends. Thank you !

      Delete
  3. (((:*)))Please' don't be sad dear Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanna!!! Big hugs back and it means so much to me to get your encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Hi thre, I'd just like to say, I understand how you feel. But I am very glad you are sticking around. We shouldn't let those who see the glass as only half-full disillusion us from enjoying our own perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your support and wonderful perspective, Phylly3! You are right, leaving would rob us of the wonderful part of fandom as well and leave the field open for the bad influences.

      Delete