Wednesday 1 December 2010

Fandom Helps to Bear Politics

I had to attend a political event today.
Normally I would try to avoid such a thing at all costs, but today, for business sake, I went.

Fortunately, I had my memories of Mr. Armitage in his role as Sir Guy of Gisborne with me to help me through the evening.
Now I begin to understand the bored stance RA showed us during the council meetings in "Robin Hood".
Why should you listen attentively if you cannot change anything anyway?

I tried very hard to listen attentively, but they made it really hard for me. So Guy of Gisborne was my only rescue not to start snoring. - That would really have been embarrassing ;o)

But when I had to comment on the speeches, I was hard pressed not to say that Guy of Gisborne had been their only saviour.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! If only you could say such things! What a refreshing world this would be.
    Lovely idea! I wonder is Gisborne could help with world peace too? Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @phylly3
    That is a really wonderful idea!
    Gisborne for world peace, that would be a movement I would join immediately ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely post! Kind of equivalent to art copying life. RA's ability at being still was so useful for Sir Guy at times. I am also on that One Peaceful World path!! LOL I've commented elsewhere how all our RA loving surely is aiding the process!!

    Peace & Posterity for 2011!!
    Love x Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. @iz4blue
    Thank you very much.
    I hope you have a wonderful and successful year 2011 and wish you all the best.
    Love x Hugs

    ReplyDelete